Kids love creating fun with face paint, and our three girls are no exception!
But when our youngest daughter Esmée couldn't join in the fun because of her extremely sensitive skin, we were presented with a problem (lots of tears and cries of "unfair!")
Every paint we tried from every store would bring her out in a rash, so in 2015 we decided to work with our suppliers to create our own! We tirelessly tweaked the formula until we had the perfect vibrancy of colour and smoothness of paint that was still delicate on Esmée's sensitive skin.
In 2016 we launched on Amazon and since then, we've grown to become the small online family run business you see today. Though we are small, we hope to someday become the world's most trusted kids face paint brand.
Family run businesses like ours depend on reviews – so please, if you can find the time, leave us a review on Amazon after you've tried our paints!
Blue Squid kids face paints are safe professional superior cosmetic grade make up. They are hypoallergenic, paraben-free, non toxic, vegan, natural and FDA-compliant which makes them ideal for toddlers with sensitive skin. As with all cosmetics we advise that a small skin patch test is done before applying the paint as everyone’s skin is different.
The list of ingredients, which are printed on the side of the packaging, are as follows:-
Distilled Water 30%, Color Lakes 30%, Glycerol 10%, Calcium carbonate 8%, Stearic acid 8%, Talcum powder 6%, Propylene glycol 5% and Candelila wax 3%.
Several face paint manufacturers include Lanolin, which is an animal fat, in their paints. However, Blue Squid replaced this ingredient during mid-2017.
Yes Blue Squid paints are lead free, non toxic and paraben free and fully compliant with the FDA.
The stencils are made of vinyl with skin friendly self adhesive on one side and can be used several times.
No these paints are NOT waterproof as they are water based and therefore easy to remove with water.
We have recently upgraded our glitter to be loose glitters (dust) in screw capped pots. We made this change due to helpful customer feedback where glitter gel often became very messy and dried out too quickly once opened.